Monday, January 21, 2013

Shall we Brunch?

There isn't a ton to do on a sunny Memphis Saturday in the dead of winter, but when friends invite you to brunch at Rizzo's Diner...you go. And so we went. While mimosas are a fabulous drink of choice for  brunching, I am used to thinking of orange juice as a treatment for low blood sugar. I don't drink it recreationally. So, I opted for coffee. 


The champagne sure does look appetizing, doesn't it? I am glad that I caught Stephanie's expert pour.


We are really interested in the food, though, right? What did I order? Well, I had wartime flashbacks of Rizzo's diner. You see, the only other time I have been there was during a highly symptomatic time - Spring 2012 (diagnosed in April). We went on a lovely bachelorette brunch for a friend, and I ordered Bananas Foster French Toast. Y'all, it comes with a scoop of ice cream. I remember it being delicious. Andrew ordered it this time, and all I could see were glucose molecules when I looked over at his plate. It is strange how Diabetes can affect your perspective. I had never tried Eggs Benedict anywhere. So, I opted for the Vegetarian Eggs Benedict with a side of bacon (go figure). And yes, it tastes every bit as good as its presentation.


Andrew and I had a pretty active weekend. We took the dog on a four-mile walk through South Bluffs after brunch to take advantage of the sunshine. Yesterday, we each had a long run to do. His parents grabbed their bikes, and we all set out to Houston High School. His mom biked along for my 5-mile run, and Andrew's dad accompanied him on his 6.5-mile run. What's bad? He gave me a head start, and he still finished his longer run faster than I could finish my silly 5-miler. Whatever. I am just glad to have a fellow running enthusiast in the house these days. I feel like all we talk about is joint pain and the Nike+ running app. Ain't marriage so glam?



3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these pictures!

    But I hurt at the thought of running 5 (or 6.5) miles. Good for you on doing it!

    ReplyDelete