Saturday, January 5, 2013

Wassup with Wasa?

A few months ago, I fell in love with Wasa Crisps. So far, in 2013, I have made pretty decent decisions regarding meals. I have only hit my Dexcom's high note (180) three times, and each time I can point to the food the caused it (Pita Bread, Fruit, and Mexican food). Here are two of my meals that incorporate Wasa. 

This is a breakfast staple. 2 Eggs + 2 Slices of Turkey Bacon + 2 Wasa Crackers with Laughing Cow Cinnamon Cream Cheese Spread with Light Cinnamon and Splenda sprinkled on Top (makeshift cinnamon toast). All of this is under 15 carbs.

This is a lunch option. 10 Berries (5 Raspberry & 5 Blackberry) + Carrot Chips with Ranch + 2 Wasa Crackers topped with Tuna, Light Mayo, and Tony's seasoning. This is under 25 Carbs. Those berries pack a lot of good fiber :)

So, I thought I would share some fun, quick breakfast and lunch ideas for those of you who may be wondering how to eat light in the New Year!

Also, just to check in - I have done 2 Pure Barres this week and have slacked on running. I am running 3-4 miles this afternoon. Long runs are on Sunday! Don't worry. After our NYE experience, Andrew bought Just Dance 4 and Hip Hop Dance for our Wii. We have spent a lot of energy on this game. It is a great workout and drops my blood sugar quickly! It will be my Winter equivalent to taking a post-meal walk!


No comments:

Post a Comment