Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Running High


The rigor of Barbri is starting to pick up, and that is why you haven't seen many posts as of late. I am tempted to pack in a week's worth of updates in one post, but I will spare you. This image depicts another "first" in my Diabetic journey. I woke up to go running, and up went my blood sugar. But wait...you thought exercise was supposed to lower my blood sugar. I thought so too. I did a little research. When I wake up, if I haven't eaten breakfast and given myself insulin, I am working with whatever is left of my long-acting insulin that I gave myself before bedtime. With the rigor of my workout Sunday morning, it drove the blood sugar upward. There is probably a lot more science to it than that, but I went to law school so I didn't have to know that sort of thing :)

Soon, I will start featuring video on this blog. I have mixed feelings about video. I, for one, have relied on video to learn how to use some of this new technology, so I know it can be helpful. It can also be fun, but I will have to come to terms with how awkward I feel recording them! I made one on how to check your blood sugar, but I don't know how to upload it.

Also, I plan on featuring an interview with Andrew (non-video) describing each of his rotations in medical school. He just finished his family medicine rotation, and I wanted to document how he felt about it. I think he will be glad I did it when he looks back on all of them. That is coming soon. 

Other things to look forward to? 
More recipes. What is Halle Berry? More "Mind. Body. Soul." And my belated progress report on the dreaded side effect of weight gain.


No comments:

Post a Comment