Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Harbor Town 5K

I slept through the Medicine 5K in May, so the Harbor Town 5K was my first race since diagnosis. I have run that distance plenty of times, but I hadn't tried an organized race. I was somewhat nervous only because I wasn't sure about the timing for snacks to keep from going low in the race. Psshhh... no problem. The race was at 7:00PM, and I ate a few Graham Crackers with Peanut Butter an hour before. I finished the race and read 113 mg/dL. Monica and I paced together, and it was such a pleasant race. We almost met our goal of under 30 minutes. I have only been able to do that once (27:40 at Race Judicata - I'm sure my mg/dL was 350). I believe we came in around 30:15 last night. Hey, I'll take it! The best part is getting to hang out with my buds. Five of us signed up, hung out before, and had dinner afterwards. Nothing can replace quality girl time, especially when one member of your wolfpack is moving away to North Carolina. Memphis is going to be so strange without Badica. In fact, we are doing a going-away function tonight with some folks at Local, and it is going to be bittersweet. I wish I could get a court order forbidding friends from ever moving away, but that wouldn't be too constitutional. SPEAKING of Barbri, I am in the process of rewriting a Professional Responsibility outline because the one in the purple book isn't in line with my logic whatsoever.

 I would prefer:

General Rule
           Exception

This guy does:

General Rule
Exception
Example

I am a huge fan of formatting things in logical ways, and this is not logical to me. Anyway, I digress...

Behold:




Yesterdays lunch - tuna bowl, carrots and hummus and cheese and crackers.


This morning's breakfast - fried egg + muenster cheese + preserves on english muffin with apple + peanut butter.


...and for your viewing pleasure...

No comments:

Post a Comment