Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sorry for Feeling Sorry

I didn't know what people were talking about when they'd say "Pray for Trey". In fact, I didn't even know it was a local story. That is how much I have had my head buried on the sand these days. Well, it is amazing how God hands you a dose of perspective sometimes. This afternoon, I was busy feeling sorry for myself after my manicurist decided to tell me that she noticed that I had put on weight. Yeah, I know. I told myself I'd stop letting that get to me. Well, I kept noticing all these tweets and statuses about Trey, so I googled. Much to my dismay, this young man lost his life to pancreatic cancer today. So, in honor of Trey, I vow to do my BEST to let go of the vanity. I vow to acknowledge that mine is a disease that can be managed. If I had half the perspective Trey had, then I would realize every day that my body, health, and very life are a gift. I think it is high time that I actually embrace the concept instead of merely blogging about it. It is time to take faith by the hands and finally start leaping...


No comments:

Post a Comment