Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Next Chapter

You know that song that goes "Baackkk tooo liiffee. Baacckk ttooo reaallittty"? Well, it is in my head. Why, because that's the road I am on. Yes, I know. I maintained an annoying online presence filled with stress-induced bar tweets and Facebook stati. Truth be told, that's how I deal with insecurity. I put it out there and hope for some advice or encouragement. Why else do you think I have a Diabetes blog?  I'm swimming in a sea of uncertainty, and it helps me feel better about myself to share. Sharing is caring. Or something?

Well, I just want to dedicate a paragraph to the past. The past few months have been a whirlwind of events. When I was diagnosed with Diabetes, I was so scared for my academic future. I simply was not sure what my life was going to look like from day to day. Come to find out, Diabetes is not that big of an obstacle if you have a handle on it. If I don't pass the bar exam, I won't blame Diabetes for one second. That being said, I've worked harder these past two months than I ever have in my life. Come what may in October, I am very proud of myself and my classmates. I kept my composure reasonably well throughout the process. I followed the Barbri Pace Program, so I felt comfortable with the rate at which I was studying. Some days were more overwhelming than others. You know, those days when you are getting less than half of your practice answers correct...those days were confidence-crippling. Then, the night before Day 1 of the exam, I bawled. I didn't even realize how much pent-up stress I had mounting. The good news is that I was pretty zen throughout the exam itself. I don't know what I would have done without my mom agreeing to babysit me for two days.

But it is over. Trust me, I am beyond glad. But I know myself. I know how I thrive on structured, scheduled days. I am already trying to figure out how to fill my spare time with productivity. I want to get a fitness routine with a healthy diet. How long does it take to get a six-pack? I want to set aside time for the job search. I want to read a lot of classic novels. I want to spend time with my dog and my nephew. I've never been too great at sitting around twiddling my thumbs. Face it, there are only so many Kardashian episodes to tide me over. I want do want to watch the Olympics! USA! USA! I want to go raid Stephanie and Samantha's house for Project Runway Thursdays (duh). There is something magical about having very few obligations. I am not a mom. I am not employed. I am not studying for anything. I can really do a little bit of "me-time" while I am job-hunting.

Anyway, I'm back to the blogging grind. I'm proud of where I have been and excited about where I am going. Pass or fail, law or no law, I have far too many interests not to achieve something awesome.

Welcome, readers, to the next chapter...


While my mood fluctuated, Rosalyn's was always the same - pure joy!


My nephew is growing up so quickly! Slow down! 



Organized Chaos. A millions essays + a million practice tests + crazy highlighting =  will she pass?
Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment