Thursday, May 31, 2012

Today was a good day, energy-wise. Maybe this multivitamin is a good thing? The days are starting to follow the same formula - shower + breakfast + barbri + lunch + study + exercise + dinner + study + bed. And, guess, what? I love it. Good, old-fashioned predictability. Predictability is a friend of Diabetics as well as Type As. Do I consider myself a Type A? Only selectively, if that makes sense. I am not a perfectionist. I am not compulsively tidy. When it comes to school supplies, Diabetes, and clothes - I am Type A. Type1/TypeA. Let's a have an entry dictated by pictures, shall we? It's allllll randoms...


Lunch = 2 eggs + 1/4 Cup Fat Free Cheddar + 1/4 Cup Black Beans w/ Apple + Peanut Butter.
I love black beans. I opened a can two days ago and put them in the refrigerator. I add them in meals throughout the week for a good source of fiber. Speeeaking of fiber, I have been meaning to mention one of my favorite blogs. Carly, a friend of mine from Rhodes, writes an amazing blog. You can find it here. Anyway, among other things, she does amazing entries about food and fitness. For a great write-up about fiber, read this. I always knew Carly was such a talent :)


I am a lover of apps. This is my "medical" folder.  Yes, one of my Type A tendencies is that I group all my apps in folders. Some of them may seem more diet-oriented, but I use them all to help with my Diabetes. The 267 was my calorie count after breakfast. 


Dinner. Over FaceTime, I showed this to Andrew and he told me that it looked like vomit. It isn't, I assure you. I borrowed this recipe from another great blog, PBfingers. Meet my attempt at protein pancakes. What is in them? 1/2 cup of dry oats + 1/2 mashed banana + tsp of cinnamon + 1/4 cup cottage cheese + 1 egg. Put it in the blender, and viola! Well, my blender is AWFUL, so I got chunky batter. Then, I was having trouble heating them, so they broke. That being said, trust me when I tell you that they are delicious! 


Hi, technology! Andrew and I FaceTiming after dinner. He comes home tomorrow :) That looked like his face when I showed him the pancakes picture. 


This is my new RoadID. I have it in case of an emergency while I am running or out and about. That way, people will know that I am Diabetic and likely need quick sugar. It isn't the most chic thing ever, but it will suffice. 


Type A tendency #2 - color-coded notes. No, I do not highlight just to be colorful. Pink is main topics. Green is a general rule. Blue is for exceptions...you get the idea. 


I took this picture in honor of a thought I had today. Andrew and I have a tendency to over-purchase things that we like/want/need at the moment. Then, we tell our parents about it. Then, they think of us and buy us more. Today's example, my glucose tabs. They are everywhere in this house - nightstand, purse, backpack, kitchen counter. And don't get me started on MiO Liquid water flavors. We have about ten right now. I believe that I also have six coconut milk cartons (thanks mom!)


This is after TurboFire EZ-55 class. I tried to find an Instagram filter than emphasized how sweaty I was, but it didn't work. I don't want to turn into a two-trick pony. By that, I mean that I want to do more than Pure Barre and running. While nothing will replace how much I love either, I want to keep my body guessing. TurboFire is something I have done a couple of times over the years, and I love it. I am glad that I have built up quite the archive of DVDs if I need to torch calories at home. That's the thing with Diabetes. Maybe it isn't a good idea to run sometimes. Maybe it isn't a good idea to drive to Pure Barre. Sometimes you might need to keep it in your living room and sweat it out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment