Friday, September 7, 2012

Mind, Body, Soul: Friday edition



Mind: If you follow me on any social media, then you know what has been on my mind lately - politics. The problem is, while I am very opinionated, I hate confrontation. As a result, I don't think the world of social media would be my best platform for venting. Frankly, neither is this blog. That being said, I will use this blog to encourage people to vote. Your vote matters tremendously, and I hope at least one of the candidate's platforms resonates with you. Election season is a time of intense passion for our causes, but it can turn personal quickly. I am doing my best to be respectful.If you want to keep tabs on this election, a great website is this one. I know the candidates are suggesting otherwise, but the world will not end no matter the outcome of this election.    

Body: It has been a Pure Barre week for me. Tuesday - Friday. It has worked out well because the weather has either been stormy, hot, or both. Plus, when all I do is cardio, I feel as though I am missing out on the tone. When all I do is tone, I feel the need for cardio. I think cooler weather will help strike the balance. Also, I have a different race every Saturday of October -

This month, I do have the Cooper Young 4 - Miler, which is always a fun race! October is sure to be a fun month, but I am really enjoying September.

Soul: I thought to myself, am I a praying person? I used to. Andrew and I took turns praying out loud before bedtime. It kept us accountable and in tune with who else was struggling in our lives who might need our prayers. Then, somehow, we stopped. I think we both got drained, to be honest with you. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I had diagnosis, exams, and bar exam. He had/has rotations with very demanding hours. Excuses? Yep. These are nothing but mere excuses. In fact, one could argue, wouldn't these be the times in which you'd cling to prayer the most? You'd think. Prayer/religion/spirituality is not everybody's cup of tea. This I know. However, it is for Andrew and me. When we make prayer a priority, I am nicer to him and those around me. I am more compassionate and less annoyed. I am more at peace and less anxious. I am slower to judge or gossip. Why? All because I pray to be the best version of myself I can possibly be. That was my prayer last night, and I am glad to plug back in. It is a large part of who I am, and I am not going to put it on the back burner anymore.  

Stay Tuned: good friend, Monica Bada, is in town. The girls are going to a great function at the Dixon tonight. There will be a post on this blog as well as the fashion blog to follow. Have a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment