Sunday, September 2, 2012

New Month: September

I don't think I have to stress any more how much I love new months. It is time to check in to see where old habits need to die and new ones be born. For example, I try to run three times per week at 3+ miles. I would like to push my frequency and my distance, but the weather has hovered in the unbearable 90s. So, in September, I will push frequency. In October, I will try to push distance.

What else to look forward to (blog-wise) in September?:


  • Video: Anxiety & Diabetes
  • Video: Sign-up for The Walk for Diabetes (Oct. 6)
  • Endo. Visit
  • Visit from Monica Bada
  • Baby Shower(s)
  • Vetting the Pump
  • Family Birthdays
  • Atlanta Visit - Emily Blaiss
  • Job Hunting
  • Recipes
  • Mumford & Sons album review
  • Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week (Spring 2013) - check fashion blog for the latest!
  • New iPhone 5

If I haven't said it enough, this blog helps me tremendously to vent and organize my thoughts on various aspects of my life. That being said, the fact that people have told me that they enjoy reading it has been such a joy. I worried that folks would not want to read about managing a disease they don't have, but it makes me feel like I have a strong support team holding me accountable for my physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Without social media and the blog universe, I might feel like the only person in the world with Diabetes. Because of social media, I feel empowered. So, THANKS for helping me make that happen. 

For all those who encourage me, it is time for me to encourage you - it is a NEW MONTH! A fresh set of 30-days to resolve to do something to better yourself. Maybe you want to walk every day. Maybe you want to add more vegetables into your diet. Maybe you want to learn more about politics. Whatever the case may be, start today! Time will move forward with or without your compliance, but wouldn't it be sweet to be on the path of improvement rather than decline? I have faith in you. Make like Nike and just do it. 


Event at the Dixon Art Gallery with the gals!


The best band ever drops a new album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment