Friday, October 19, 2012

TGIF & Memphis Music

You know, Memphis gets a bad wrap most of the time. We top crime lists, obesity lists, and infant mortality lists. I say...statistics shmatistics. Let it be known that I love Memphis. I am not suggesting that my city doesn't have flaws. It does! But I have tried to train myself not to see my city's flaws and decide I need to be somewhere else; instead, I have tried to see a city with flaws and be a part of the solution. Memphis has a lot more to offer than crime and Diabetes. We have history richer than gold. We have an amazing assortment of restaurants. We rally around our sports teams. Perhaps most importantly, we have a constant outpouring of wonderful music.

Have any of you had an opportunity to listen to Kait Lawson? Let me tell you - this is really something special. The songs are catchy. The lyrics have grit and depth. Her voice is amazing. I feel very lucky to  have an inside track to Memphis music, and I am very excited about the talent coming out of Madjack Records soon. Don't believe me? Check it out. Want to see it live? [There is nothing like seeing it live.]

Kait is having a CD Release Party.
When? November 3, 2012. 
Time? 8:00 PM
Where? HiTone 

I promise you will not regret stopping in to see such a wonderful local talent. If all the negative press has been weighing on you over the years, let this uplift you and restore your faith in what Memphis has to offer. There is a lot more that meets the eye.

Courtesy of the Madjack Records Website

TGIF, Readers! Enjoy your city this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment