Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Build Up: Big News Eve

Looking back, I will be glad that I blogged about my bar exam experience...even up until Big News Eve. Eeeevveennn if the Big News is bad, I will be glad I chronicled the emotions and anxieties going on along the way. 

So, what have I done to distract myself today? Andrew and I did a three-mile jog. He is sweet to come down to my pace just to keep me company. Then, I watched my morning shows. Theeennn, I made lunch. I don't oft make lunch beyond assembling a sandwich, but I was feeling inventive. I blame Pinterest. From there, I went shopping at Urban Outfitters. Flannel shirt + corduroys = so 90s. I won't elaborate... that is more fashion blog material. Afterward, I was delighted to vist my nephew and deliver him a toy I bought at Urban Outfitters [below]. The day continued on a positive note when Andrew and I visited the new Central BBQ Downtown location. That place was nice and spacious! I was a bit concerned, however. You see, BBQ sauce has sugar. I know this. Want to give yourself a Diabetes scare? Eat BBQ. Don't wash your hands. Then, check your blood sugar. The number will be the craziest false-high ever. I ordered it anyway. I ordered the pulled pork, greens, and macaroni (my favorite carb). No spike. I sit here, at 123 mg/dL. I wonder if the run early in the day set a favorable tone for my blood sugar? If so, I'm going to make a habit out of that. You know what I did next. I didn't watch sports. I didn't watch Glee or Project Runway (on tomorrow's distraction agenda). I watched the debate. At least, I think that's what it was. I don't know if it was the format or demeanor, but I was put-off by it all. 

So, tomorrow...what's the big plan? Distraction. Go about my day. Breakfast + Exercise + Lunch + TV  + Blogging + Waiting anxiously by my phone for Emily Blaiss to deliver news in either direction. I can't, for my own sanity, play the refresh game all day. 

Central BBQ
Quinoa Stir Fry = Quinoa + Fried Egg + Green Peas + Garlic + Sesame Seeds + Cumin + Salt + Pepper 

This is Boo, the dog. I had no idea it was an internet sensation. I just saw it at Urban Outfitters and thought to myself, " this looks like your dog. Zen should have it." I told Zen the dog was named "Ros". Now, he will associate it with my pup.

okay, so maybe Roslayn has a little more fur.
and maybe her snout is a little longer...
but you get the idea. 





No comments:

Post a Comment