Monday, October 1, 2012

New Month: October Edition

Not only is it a new month, it is the first day of a really exciting month. Ahhh, October. What have you in store for my life socially and diabetically? [new word? sure.] We will discuss. First, we all know by now that I have a thing about starting new habits at the turn of the month. This month, I plan on working out 6 x per week for over 30 minutes each day. This will include running, Pure Barre, and some workouts I have pinned. The two below are on my agenda this week! I don't make them up, but I follow a great blogger who does :) I am also going to cook more crockpot recipes (oh, stay tuned). I will drink green tea every day. I will stay hydrated. I will take my vitamins! It's the little things, people...[i hope].







What else makes October exciting? 
  • Well, I have a race every weekend! Okay, well one is a walk. Not just any walk, but THE WALK FOR DIABETES. Come party with us! 
  • I get results from the Tennessee Bar Exam on October 12. Just promise not to judge me no matter the outcome. 
  • Halloween. I have no idea what I am doing for Halloween, but it is always a fun time!
  • We have a cluster of friend and family birthdays in October. One of these birthdays will be the birth of a friend's baby, Louise :) Happy times!
  • It is a fresh month of trying new medication. I hope my A1c on pills is as good as my A1c on shots. You know I'll keep you posted.
  • A lot of my Fall shows come back....namely, Gossip Girl and Hart of Dixie. 
  • My family has been involved in Memphis music for as long as I can remember. This month, there are some exciting CD releases, stay tuned for more information. In the meantime,  check out the Madjack Records site!
  • Most importantly, the Presidential/Vice-Presidential debates all fall in October. The first one is this Wednesday. If you do nothing else this week, inform yourself on our candidates' positions.
  • More Randoms: football. basketball. colder weather. oktoberfest beer. pumpkin patches. mums. crockpot soups. 
                              

No comments:

Post a Comment