Friday, August 31, 2012

Vetting the Pump: T-Slim

Technically, I have no idea what I am called in the Diabetic community as a person who receives insulin through shots. I am sure there is cool lingo, but I am not privy to it. My next step in the Diabetes journey is to switch to an insulin pump. As you know, that requires conversations with my endo and some research on my part. I love a gadget, so this is no sweat. First, I am drawn to this - Tandem T-Slim.


It looks so modern! 

I don't even feel capable of discussing pros and cons of insulin pumps because I have never had one. However, I can share what I have gathered from others.

Pros: Slim. Touch screen. Carb Calculator. 
Cons: No Continuous Glucose Monitor capabilities. Does not sync with any meters. 

I am definitely going to ask the doc about this bad boy at my next appointment. It is new...so I'd like for some people to vet it before I do. 

Does anyone use a pump and love it? Does anyone know anything about this pump? 

XoXo
 - the pump illiterate. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jordan! So exciting you're jumping into pump land. You're called an MDI-er. Multiple Daily Injections :) or at least that's what I call you to myself haha.
    As far as your question on my most recent SUM post, you can call dexcom and order the colored skins. they're $10 each i think. My pink one broke after about a year, so they're super durable. I just bought a vera bradley ID case to keep mine in though, which is another fun option :)

    Good luck choosing a pump!!
    -abby (sixuntilme.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you~ I ordered the skins, but they are checking on some sort of financial stuff. Really, for $28? Oh well, I am excited :)

    ReplyDelete