Thursday, November 1, 2012

New Months: November Edition

You guessed it! New months bring new excitement :) But, do you know what makes *November* special? It is National Diabetes Month. If you would, please take the time to learn a little bit about the disease...something you didn't already know. Chances are, you know someone with Diabetes...or you will eventually. I mean, hey, you know me. I've learned a ton in these 7 months.  One of the most difficult aspects of having Diabetes is feeling that no one knows what it is like - the routine finger pricks, the constant upkeep of supplies, the worry about getting sick, the mass quantities of carb math. etc. You know what else is hard? Hearing people talk about Diabetes as though someone wished it upon themselves by lifestyle choices. It is a very unproductive way of thinking. Designating a month for a disease inspires people to get educated and raise awareness. Know the symptoms. Once I learned them, I had high suspicions that I had Diabetes, and later that was confirmed by a hospital visit. What a time to raise our awareness and grow our tolerance as we enter the holiday season! 

November promises a lot of other great activities:


  • THIS SATURDAY: Kait Lawson's CD Release Party at the HiTone. FREE o' charge!
  • Daylight Savings Time = Crisp Dark Nights + Light Cool Mornings
  • 11/6/12: A little thing called ELECTION DAY! This is where I hunker down like a nervous wreck with my blank map and color in the states as the results are discovered. I remember last time very well. My optimism held out hope for Ol' McCain, but it did not pan out that way. But I was happy at the end of it all. The President is still the President. America is still America. Same rings true this time around:)
  • Catherine's Birthday (shout out!)
  • Thanksgiving!
  • The start of mass consumerism (aka Black Friday)
  • Overlap of Football and Basketball seasons! GO GRIZZ!

Ham & Cheese Omelet is my favorite low-carb choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment