Monday, August 6, 2012

20-Year Milestone

Folks, for the first time in TWENTY years, I am not going to school. Therefore, my August seems empty. I see all of these pictures of people going back in their "back to school" clothes, and I flashback swiftly to the Chimneyrock days when my mom would walk me to school. Then, I flashback to my Mt. Pisgah days when Andy Smith and I would goof-off at the bus stop. I remember starting Houston Middle and looking older and larger than everyone else as a 6th grader - yay puberty.  I remember starting high school like it was yesterday. I remember leaving for Knoxville. I remember coming home to Rhodes.  I remember the anxiety of starting law school. This August, I am simply busy remembering. Nothing brings on a quarter-life crisis quicker than realizing that you're getting too old to keep going back to school. It's time to get over it, and ship out some resumes.

Today, I ran with Nike+. That is a pretty cool information tracker, and it will definitely suffice until I buy a new Garmin memory stick. I broke my other one. It was a hot 3-miler, but I had my August playlist to carry me through it. Motivational lyrics came from Phillip Phillips' "Home" -

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found


Thanks, Phillip. I needed that around mile 2. Remember a few months ago when I posted about weight gain and yada yada? Well, I weigh on Mondays, and I weigh the exact same now as I did then. Talk about stubborn! So, I am back to logging what I eat and my activity. Some people love printables, but I decided to make my own in Microsoft Word. It keeps me feeling creative anyway. I'd be glad to e-mail one to anyone who wants one. 
It's Monday! Cheers to a new week :) If you're one of the lucky few students or teachers starting a new semester, enjoy it for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment