Friday, August 3, 2012

What is Halle Berry?


I can definitely understand why Halle Berry can frustrate many Diabetics. Is she Type 1? Type 2? Type 8,674? Misdiagnosed? Misinformed? Lying?

Jordan, what are you talking about? Several years back, there was a story circulating that Halle Berry had cured her Type 1 Diabetes. Well, that's fancy. That is a statement which is, at best, irresponsible. I haven't been Diabetic for very long, but it is obvious to me that there are a ton of gray areas. I'll admit, I harbor a fantasy that I have been misdiagnosed. I'll bet I am not the only one. Hey, maybe one day they will tell me I don't need this insulin anymore because I am actually Type 2.  Let me just tell you, it's not happening. This insulin that I take saves me every single day, so I think we are in it for the long haul.

I'll try to cut Halle some slack. That being said, Type 1 isn't some fallout from a bad lifestyle, so switching to a healthier lifestyle isn't going to make it go away. It may make management exponentially easier, but it is no cure.

No matter which type Halle Berry has or had, she is one of my fitness inspirations. Apparently, she is a follower of the 5-Factor Diet/Fitness plan. I'll read the book for you and let you know what the deal is with this plan. After all, I have a lot of free time on my hands right now. After watching 800 episodes of Pretty Little Liars, I should probably do something productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment