Monday, August 27, 2012

Mind, Body, Soul - Mondays.

It's Monday. But, when you are unemployed, Monday loses its stigma. I love Mondays. All my shows come back! Mondays are also my day to check in with myself and make any necessary phone calls (for prescriptions, appointments, etc.) I also check for jobs and update my blog. Monday is always an exercise day. This Monday is the perfect time to do "Mind. Body. Soul."

Mind. In keeping with current events, I thought I'd toss in some political stuff. In truth, before I loved fashion and fitness, I loved politics. I loved it enough to choose it as a major at age 14. My relationship with politics has been a rocky one. Following it from the outside as a naive teenager was one thing, but gutting it as a field of study unleashed a cynicism in me that not even law school could rival. So, we've got these two parties. With my political views, I'd be ostracized from both. So, I dance in the middle, bending and molding to align with a platform for the next presidential election. I get tired of bending and molding, especially when the candidates themselves are bending and molding to suit the campaign timeline. That's why I know I could never go into politics. While I am aware of all the gaming, spinning, and manipulation that goes on, I have never been able to warm up to it. So, I'll play along. I know for whom I am voting. I know why. But it should feel honorable, and it doesn't feel that way right now.

Body. Y'all, I don't know about your fitness week, but mine was so fun! I mean, rooftop yoga? C'mon. How many folks can say they "ohmmmed" on the roof of the Peabody Hotel? Well, judging by the numbers, quite a lot. This week also contained (1) 3.5-mile run, (2) 3-mile runs, (2) 30-minute bike rides, and (1) 3-mile dog walk around Shelby Farms. What was it missing? Pure Barre. This week, I return!

                                               

Soul. I've been thinking a lot about what music does for my soul. I can attribute a lot to my parents, and a love for music is definitely one of those things. Since before I can remember, I was listening to CDs in the house, attending local bluegrass festivals, and even catching shows inside Cat's Music. What I am most thankful for is a love for all types of music. Well, I could do without Opera. I am not nearly mature enough to appreciate it. I don't know about how anyone else finds good music, but I pick up a lot by watching shows and movies. I'll hear a lyric, look it up, and find the artist. I remember three instances while watching my typical television shows when I had a soul-stirring moment. I really love when a song selection fits a scene's drama. Here's the three -

Dawson's Creek. 
I'll Stand By You - The Pretenders

Pretty Little Liars
Suggestions - Orelia has Orchestra
The O.C.
Hallelujah - version by Imogen Heap 


A fun find at Home Goods - Sugar Free flavors :)




      
                     
Lunch for Dinner is my new craze.
I do it instead of eating at restaurants. 
Think - turkey bacon, banana peppers, pickles mustard, ruffles, cheese, grapes, and yogurt!

                  

I made the perfect pumpkin spice latte.
Substitutions = Truvia + Coconut Milk


No comments:

Post a Comment