Sunday, May 20, 2012

As promised...

Well, it is official. Catherine and L.D. are married, and I survived another wedding weekend as a Diabetic-in-training. The whole thing was a fantastic experience. I'll keep this post mostly photographic.


This fantastic meals was served at Catherine's Bridesmaid's Dinner Thursday night. Everything was so delicious, especially the chicken-noodle-poppyseed stuff. 


This was the meal at the rehearsal dinner. That was some delicious chicken, scalloped potatoes, and broccoli. It was amazing. 


 This was a nice fruit spread we had at Monica's house while we were getting ready for the big day!
Watermelon is my favorite thing ever. 


Catherine bought us all these shirts to get ready in as bridesmaid's gifts. They were monogrammed and everything! We loved them so much, we had to take a picture or five.


This was lunch today. It is a 1-egg omelet with muenster cheese and chicken + 14 baby carrots and 2 TBSP of hummus + apple and PB2 Peanut Butter. I really look forward to each meal these days. Eating healthily can be very satisfying. 


This is for fun, because my father-in-law placed Rosalyn on the watermelon. She was not liking it one bit.


This was tonight's dinner, courtesy of my mother-in-law. It was full of all kinds of great things - ham, egg, broccoli, cauliflower, artichoke, almonds. I could eat this all day. 


This is my favorite post-breakfast/pre-Barbri activity. Read a catalog, drink the coffee, and chew my fiber.  If you were wondering, I am 25, look 15, but have the habits of a 75-year-old. It's fine. I've accepted it.


So, you can tell I am obviously excited about my PB2. My lunch on Saturday was a smoothie comprised of these ingredients - (2) TBSP PB2 + (1) TBSP Chia Seeds + (1) TBSP Ground Flax + (2/3) Cup of Frozen Strawberries + (1) Cup Dairy-Free/Sugar-Free Coconut Milk + (1) Packet of Truvia. 
Calories = 235; Carbs (including Fiber) = 22 g; Carbs (minus Fiber) = 9 g


And this is proof that I eventually fit in the dress. It took three girls and an adjustment in my methods of breathing for the rest of the evening, but it worked. But I must say, it has been awfully nice wearing gym shorts today...

No comments:

Post a Comment