Monday, May 28, 2012

Livin' La Vida Los Angeles

So, Morgan and I have had this Los Angeles trip planned for months now, and it has come and gone. Our goals:
  • Shop - √ Check
  • Eat - √ Check
  • Visit - √ Check
The hardest part about traveling for me is not getting through the airport. The hardest part is adjusting to a new routine. So much of my success in keeping my sugars managed comes from eating, exercising, and sleeping around the same time every day. In Los Angeles, not only was I adjusting to a new time zone, I was eating at a lot of local places and guessing at my carbs. The result? Well, on average, the sugar was somewhat higher. I didn't hang out in the 200s or anything, but it wasn't the 90-150 I was accustomed to at home. 

But, you know what? I had fun! I got to hang out with great people in a fun city - a heartfelt thank-you to Lee Lenox for letting us stay in his awesome apartment! The one thing I really enjoy about eating in Los Angeles is that there are a lot of places with really fresh ingredients. 

Because of the traveling, I am going to get myself back on track with the diet, and I will weigh-in and do a progress report next Monday. 

The Barbri grind is back tomorrow, so it is a great time to establish a routine that is going to carry me through the next couple of months. 

In other news, Andrew cleaned the entire house while I was out of town. I don't think I can verbalize my appreciation.


This is a menu from the cute little coffee shop where we brunched on Saturday.


This was Morgan's halibut. It tasted like fire...literal fire.


This was my delicious meal. 
Filet Mignon + Basil Mashed Potatoes + Zucchini and Squash.


This funnest thing ever was going to see Grease at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery last night. I believe it is a summer movie series. Everyone brings food and blankets. It was such a great experience!


This was my breakfast this morning. 
Egg White Omelet w/ Ham + Cheese + Black Beans and a Fruit Cup


And THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is just ONE of the projects accomplished by Andrew this weekend. 
In addition, he cleaned the floors, bathrooms, organized his closet, the fridge, the pantry, other cabinets, etc.

I can think of no better way to arrive home! 

Now the burden is on me to keep it clean...err...we'll see...


No comments:

Post a Comment