Friday, May 18, 2012

Gotta Get Down on Friday

Friends, it is Friday. Do you know what that means? It means a few things. First, it means my friends Catherine and LD are one day away from being husband and wife! I am beyond excited for them. Second, it means that Morgan and I will be leaving for sunny Los Angeles in a week for a weekend getaway. I am so excited, but I would be more excited if I had a reason to wear Grizzlies stuff all around the city in a gloating fashion. I'll leave that bad memory on the table and move on. So, I type on this blog all throughout the day. Right now, it is 8:54, and I am about to start Barbri on my own. My friends, Jessica and Samantha (shout out if you're reading this!), whom I sit with at the lectures, are experimenting with Barbri at home via Podcast, so I thought I'd try the same. It works out nicely because I can still get everything done that I would like to get done before the rehearsal for the wedding (4:45). My goal is to get through a Con. Law test and answer analysis, attend noon Pure Barre, stop by Lululemon (my Friday ritual), grab lunch, and be back in time to get ready. Anyhow, it is approaching 9:00, and I really should get started. By the way, the morning reading was 82. I was researching more about insulin therapy and weight gain this morning. It makes me feel better to know it happens to so many people. Til' later...

Well, Barbri went alright. Constitutional Law is not my thing, but so far I have done best on that and Real Property (and by best, I mean I was the least bad at them). Pure Barre was a great class this afternoon, and I really enjoyed myself at Lululemon today. I was feeling good about my food choices and effort in my workout, then I had to come home and get ready for this rehearsal dinner. So, my mom bought me this fabulous BCBG dress months ago for just this occasion. The problem is that it is super-tight now. A few months ago, this 2 was a slam-dunk. Now, I am trying to figure out how to sit comfortably in it. These are the moments when I really feel like it is all a bit unfair, and I want to spend the night at home in sweatpants, but I must rally the morality troops from the depths of my soul and remember that, while I did not sign up for this, these are the cards I've been dealt. Unfortunately, that means that unwelcome 7 lbs. come along and situates itself in all the wrong places. I could throw myself a pity party, but I am not. In fact, I am actively rallying myself as I type. Two of my best friends are getting married, and it is a time to celebrate and not be selfish or vain. I am wearing the dress, regardless of whether it is ill-fitting. I'll post a picture later, and I will ask all of you to give me a courtesy compliment to the tune of, "nooo, you don't look like you tried to pack in that dress like a sausage."It is your obligation as readers. Needless to say, I am 100% nervous about fitting into this bridesmaid's dress. Somehow, someway, I will manage to get in it and not look like I am suffocating.

I am not getting rid of these dresses. When this all settles down, I know my body will find its proper place again. But, I promised myself and you all that I would reveal the good times and the bad. Living in Lululemon outfits means that I don't really notice. The clothes are comfortable and breathable. Wake-up calls come when I have to zip dresses or jeans.

Just breathe, Jordan. 

Anyhow, I'll post Sunday about tonight and tomorrow's wedding adventures. I also have a 5K in the morning, so I'll let you know how that goes.

 Breakfast was one whole wheat waffle + 1 TBSP Sugar-Free Strawberry Preserves + 1 Slice Muenster Cheese + 1 Fried Egg & Half of a Grapefruit


Before taking my practice test. Man, it takes a lot to remember these subjects!


An almost-two-hour lecture going over the answers to said practice test. I still think I prefer going to up to school to do these, but it is good to know that I can do it from home if I need to.


No comments:

Post a Comment